PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 10:28
QANTASTIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Q-Tee for that info ! It just confirms that there will be more casuels working within QF Cabin Crew. I guess QF wants to be as profitbale as possible. I spoke to a friend today and they belive the LON base will be on the cards by mid next year. The current QF EBA with CREW i think expires some time mid to end of this year. So I feel they will have this placed in the award to expand of shore crew ..If they do base a local crew in LON as QF will have more flying there..with additional capacity via HKG it makes sense from the cost cutting side of things, from the moral point I think it will be bad. She can see the domestic doing short to mid flying as the short haul crew turn around is less and therfore cheaper. Having crew base in LON they wont have to crew the aircrafts all the way to Lon..SO from what they told me there are going to be big changes in store if QF gets there way !
So who knows what they will do with the curect waitlist. From the sounds of it they will offer externals LH casuel positions and the internals either nothing "see you later letter" or make this the last permanant schools that go through!! Lets hope that will be the case. I guess and keep saying if they wanted to drop us of the short list they could have done that in March as they would have know then what they were planning to do. Nearly there guys ! ..Whats happend to MR Seatback 2??? chat tomorow!!