PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Combat Pilot on BBC2
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 07:26
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIGHTER PILOT

I think I was about 14 at the time and I watched the original avidly. However, it's a while back, so please forgive me. IIRC, the previous started at OASC with the selection tests, and followed with Cranditz punishment. It also included JP trg. Perhaps what I am trying to say is that the previous programme covered more of the lead-in to be a pilot, and I think (as a programme) was better for it. These guys appear to have just popped-up at Valley (even though previous phases of trg are often referred to), giving the wrong impression. That said, overall, the programme doesn't do us any harm, so I am all for it.

Again IIRC the only guy who got through was the ex-milkman (name anyone?) who went Buccaneer.

I haven't seen the rest of the series, but I think next week we will see some of the non-pilots that enable it all to happen. Too often the myriad of supporters don't get a look-in, but NBC and E&E Exercises are worthy of public interest?

I've got the book somewhere. The glossary contains the colloquial RAF term W@NKER with the explanation 'Someone little liked or trusted'. Searched the book but could never find the word used anywhere but in the glossary. How times have changed ...