PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie ATPL for foreign military pilots?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 02:41
Global TM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just heard it straight from the horse’s mouth.
Converting a JAR ATPL to an Aus ATPL, having held an Aus CPL/IR already, by only sitting Air Law is not a hindrance to employment with any Aus airline. As long as one meets the airlines minimum requirements, they are not bothered on what basis a licence is obtained.
ATPL providers and the airlines have two very different opinions, the former would rather you do all 7 from obvious reasons.

RS, nice to see that some one is reading the reg’s.
I am sorry to contradict your understanding of the regulations, however a friend of mine, and I do mean a person that I know very well. He was offered a job with an ‘’Irish Company’’on a foreign licence even before he began his licence conversion, he was given 2 years to get his JAR licence here in the UK, whilst being employed at the same time. He completed his licence conversion here, and as you claim he can only fly ‘’G registered Aircraft only’’, he was/is flying for an ‘’Irish company’’ even before he received his ‘’G-registered aircraft only licence’’, well he is a Captain right now, 1.5 years later, this meaning that from the moment he stepped in to this country not 1.5 years after he completed his JAR Licence. He did not even have the right to live here and that was arranged for him. This is a fact.
Now let’s not even not talk about people that are from our part of the world with ample flight experience, just remember that they are well respected in this part of the world and if they hold a ‘’G registered licence only’’ they still get jobs on the continent or with ‘’Irish Companies’’. That is another fact.
The reg’s say one thing however airlines look at experience and what it can do for them.

Safe flying,

GTM

Last edited by Global TM; 19th May 2004 at 20:14.