PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC separate VFR traffic!
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 20:30
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit of a sweeping statement ILS119.5
What about those units which have to work traffic outside CAS to vector aircraft to land, and yes we are professional ATC units doing that. I have absolutely no issue working VFR traffic, i use the Class D airspace option of traffic information and sometime apply separation, depends on the situation at the time.
Everything in MATS 1 and 2 is a minimum as has already been stated, i would hate to see the traffic info only used in Class D taken away it is often to our benefit.
I control and often sit in GA aircraft doing the Rt listening to units doing their level best to be rude to GA pilots and treating them all as incompetent, bearing in mind how many of us ATCOS fly ( I am not a pilot but a willing passenger )i find it incredible that at some places a "them and us" situation still seems to exist.
Yesterday I got a great service from both Cardiff and Bristol, but the moment i ventured further SE bound the standard dropped considerably and the attitude towards GA was that you are a pain in the butt.
More interaction between the two groups without all this confrontation would be of benefit to all.