PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many of us are there?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 19:41
Tenminutes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How many of us are there?

I read with interest that 240 people applied for the position of PA34 pilot. Is this a true reflection of how many people are chasing these jobs? It seems that reading the threads on pprune gives no indication of how many of us there are competing against each other, in the nicest possible way. If we all new more accurately where we came from and what we are looking for we may be able to make more informed decisions about future investment to further our chances. For instance, if I knew that their were 240, 190 flying hour pilots who have never flown commercially such as myself and that none would consider paying for 737 rating, then the obvious way to get ahead would be to invest, etc. It would be a huge reassurance as well to know that I/we have done what it takes and that it is just a matter of time. It would also help to hear of the kind of experience that we have had in replies from airlines since completion of training. People who have not yet begun training would also do well to read such information.
For my part:
I graduated from BFC roughly two years ago and have had not one single interview since despite 60 CV's every three months etc.
I have 190 flying hours, work in an airline (not pilot) and would only consider self funding a rating if a job was guaranteed. I have a CAA issued JAR CPL/IR frozen ATPL ,MCC. Cannot afford to maintain currency.
Go on, what is your position?