PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie ATPL for foreign military pilots?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 19:25
Global TM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RS, I agree with you are quite right, however your quote ’’You're not quite right regarding the UK/JAR situation. Only a person who has a min of 3000 hours with a min of 1500 hours TT in command (not FO time) of an aircraft of plus 30 tonnes in primarily international ops or similar can do the abbreviated conversion’’.What is so strange about that? If a person has the above experience and goes ahead with the conversion, are you saying that the UK airlines will not accept his application because he has not completed all of the 14 JAA subjects? I do not think so.
Hence my argument, why an experienced person must complete all 7 Aus subjects in order to be employable in Aus?
No need is there, 3000 hrs 737 is 3000 hrs 737 no matter where you go and nothing should stand in one’s way apart from their own attitude and approach in gaining employment.( of course apart from this ridiculous requirement that one has to have all 7 subjects done in Aus). I can see a lot of us expat’s hurrying along to go back to what we were all running away from in the first place.
Requirements.

GTM