PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 10:55
cloud nine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally agree Gigs. I spoke to LH FAAA today, and they are almost positive that the UK base will go ahead. With two more o/s bases planned aswell.

When I received the call earlier today from QF HR, I was WELL informed that this type of employment that may be offered will no way in any shape or form become permanent.

I do understand that QF must say this to cover themselves legally, and also in fairness to make all applicants totally aware of the grounds of employment.

But going on the fact that o/s bases are on the cards, and the fact that Dixon wants to cut permanent employee's. Id have to say that it is a big risk if you are going to accept this contract hoping that you will eventually be made permanent.

At the end of the day, we all have different circumstances and goals for the future. I understand that some people will be more than happy to experiance LH flying for possibly only 10 months and thats it. If thats for you, I wish you all the best, and hope you get what it is you are looking for in the end.

However, personally, I couldnt do it. And where I am in my flying career at the moment, I cant take the risk of having nothing at the end of a contract. Its a gamble, a gamble that I dont want to play at this time.

Once again though, I do wish all those that accept the position the best of luck, and look forward to hearing all your experiances.