PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Jeppesen's Out of Date
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 10:51
johnpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never took off or landed knowing that the Jeppesen Nav bag was out of date not 20 revisions, but even one. That would be illegal. The old system worked on the assumption that the NAV bag was checked and up to date and therefore the NAV bag sealed with all of its contents checked by the relevant department. I am sure quality control would be responsible for random checks. If the NAV bag was opened, thus unsealed by flight crew,it went back tothe Crew room for reasiling by ops. The system obviously did not work properly, we therefore changed to this new system. I believe that this system is much better and will ensure all plates not used will be up todate for the following reasons: We now open the nav bag and check that the brick on board is sealed and current. The last FCI states that all airports in Europe are in the brick so there you have it we can use all of them. The system of taking our own plates for the destination flight plan and commercial alternates is also a good one because we are responsible to make sure that they are up to date.
I would also prefer to have a system like they have in other airlines, maybe each pilot his own, maybe two sets of NAV bags onboard, but between the two options we have a surely prefer the new one
JP