PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hooters ain't necessarily hooters!
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 09:24
Shore Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the west side of the pond, I did this in ’50 Chevy Coupe. I stopped after replacing three mufflers…..

The other attention getter……I used to fire rockets off the front of my car. The solid rocket motor type. Had an arming switch and the “fire control” was a doorbell button.
The launch pad was a welding rod stuck into one of the cooling fins of the radiator with a coffee can lid as a blast pad.

For the engineering types…On takeoff/climb in moderate/heavy rain, if in an “EPR” airplane, my assumption is that takeoff/climb thrust will be as indicated. On an N1 airplane, will takeoff/climb at a computed N1 result in a higher net thrust due to the “mass flow” phenomenon?

For the engineering types…On takeoff/climb in moderate/heavy rain, if in an “EPR” airplane, my assumption is that takeoff/climb thrust will be as indicated. On an N1 airplane, will takeoff/climb at a computed N1 result in a higher net thrust due to the “mass flow” phenomenon?

Whoops....below the smiles were my question for another thread...(still don\'t know how I did that). If a moderator can erase, that would be fine.