PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 17th May 2004, 08:58
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Good morning Rotorheads;

It seems that this thread is no longer to be on the military forum as is PPRuNe Pops desire. I don't think that Rotorheads is the ideal forum for this thread, as there is a lot of 'military type 'talk' on this particular thread that I personally would leave out of here, but pop thinks it is.... However, lets see.

To those who are new to this particular thread, please let me explain.

At first I was dubious as to whether or not the Global Eagle expedition was a pie in the sky attempt or actually going to work. This is based on my personal involvement, (not in the biblical sense!), with a couple of members of the team. Having discussed this matter with others who know a lot more of the goings on that I do, this was a belief held by a few more!

Due to the ability of the British squaddie to climb every hurdle placed in front of him and fag packet planning abilities, the global journey has not only started, but apart from the weather, looks as though it will be successful, barring any dimplomatic malarkies!

My views have been PM'd to Barry and as yet there has been no reply either because;
on-line time is too limited to check PMs
he understands whats what
or simply doesn't want to waste his time replying to me, (good or bad?)

The reason for the pictures is to represent an image of how GE and Barry may look as they pass through a country. As there are no journey pics on the official site , I thought it would be nice to give people an idea of the attractions that a particular country has to offer on a trip like this.
(the pictures are not real and only represent what the flight conditions could possibly be like!)

Hopefully this thread can carry on in the way it was intended without being sabotaged by the few.
As I have said before in many of my posts, if someone doesn't like this then they don't have to come back to view it again.Nearly 7000 so far!
This is called choice, something that a lot of us joined up for to defend, (well, apart from the flying, uniform the ladies love, beer tokens and trips around the world with associated R&R!!)

p.s. If you feel the need to comment on any spelling mistakes or other petty contributions don't , instead make a donation to The Dyslexia Institute or any of the charities GE is supporting. via here
Thanks,
SS

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 17th May 2004 at 09:10.