PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Profit Share
Thread: EK Profit Share
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 07:12
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ruserious,
Hate to tell you mate but your ignorance is coming through! The profit target is set at the beginning of each year. If that target is met, it results in an automatic 2 week bonus. In addition, 25% of the amount over the target is added to the bonus each year. It is a catch 22 situation though: As we continue to earn record profits, the target is set higher and higher. The 67%rise in profit is not the key. The key is how much the target is exceeded, and every year we seem to be able to exceed that target.

There may be many complaints from the pilots here, but from my perspective the good outweighs the bad. For the first time in my career (21 plus years with airlines) I know that the pay check will not bounce, that it will be on time, and that we will not close tommorrow due to inept and corrupt management. Most of our problems are because of rapid growth, mixed with a not so rapid change in management thinking. But the change in thinking is coming ever so slowly. I have been at an "incredibly shrinking airline" in the past and I can tell you that these growth problems are much better poblems to have.