PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Pay talks
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2001, 16:59
wallabie

Grüss Gott Charly

How unlimited is unlimited ? I've seen in my own outfit " auf der anderen Seite des Rhein " people start with their hair in flame and very quickly worry for their rent at the end of the month.
Don't get me wrong here, I am actually over the f...g moon to see you guys make a move, at last, and when you do you will undoubtly start a thread there as every beancounter in Europe has always cited you as the ultimate example of : Discipline, good sense, loyalty......und soweiter Oh, forgive me I forgot to say cheap which in their view, is the pinacle of all moral values.
In my experience, unlimited strike means that short haul people will be the one bearing the costs. When you are rostered almost everyday you lose everyday. Not the same thing as being grounded in Noumea for 2 weeks on ( very lavish ) per Diem like it happened for some of our people.
Short haul are the first to go on strike because very logically the most fed up, but also the very first to feel the pain of the money not coming in. You might want to set up a compensation fund for those aber sicherlich habt ihr schon daran gedacht.
Im ernst wünsche ich euch viel Glück and viel Erfolg.