PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Backpackers Xpress In Talks With UK Airline.
Old 15th May 2004, 11:57
Gearupandorrf

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Red face Sorry Meeb- don't mean to offend!

Hi Meeb-
Sorry mate, not meaning to offend the Brits. My comments are purely out of frustration, as a result of a particularly bad month over here trying to set ourselves up properly.

If you were not born here, you would not believe how frustrating it is trying to sort out the things that you take for granted. Trying to deal with Banks, the Inland Revenue and the NHS is a nightmare for us. For example, little things like having to run into a Service Station to ask if they take Solo card prior to filling up, because the Banks will not issue us with a Switch Card for at least a year!!?? Or trying to set up a Bank account with one of the High Street Banks, and requiring 12 months worth of Utility Bills confirming our UK address just to qualify for a simple transaction account.

So, not trying to offend, just venting off some steam. I miss simple things like the old 100 point Bank check, and not being taxed on every thing under the Sun.

Still though- nice to meet a Brit who has some national pride- as the majority that I've met here seem to be different in this regard.

Cheers (and relax)!,
Gearup.