PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands Queries
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2004, 08:57
DRJAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a) If its VMC they'd probably, I'd guess, prefer you to be on a shorter final than the ILS, for expedition.

b) entry exit lanes are as detailed in Pooley's, etc.. They are, I believe, preferred for VFR flights.

c) expect to be marshalled - last time (in a PA28) I landed on R27, and was marshalled to stand 53, I think. (On the west of the main apron, to the right when you turn into the apron. The Aerad guides have all the data on stands.)

d) Handling is compulsory. Last time I went in there (about a year ago) there was a discount for paying in cash to the marshaller - get the details when you telephone for handling.

e) Briefing room in the base of the tower.

(For example: exact routing from the north last time was, call for zone entry 10 mins. prior to zone boundary. Zone boundary reached VFR at Trowell services on the M1. Cleared to enter via the e/e lane (following the M1 southbound from Trowell) not above 2000'. Join right base for R27 , i.e. routing between Radcliffe power station and the M1 (which passes almost at the threshold of R27.))

Hope this helps.