PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS : Complaints and queries about time taken to recruit (Merged)
Old 14th May 2004, 12:38
Someone_Else

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought some of you might find this useful :

I am one of those who applied in May 2003, had my selection tests in Feb 04 and just had my interview and be told if we were successful we would be looking at Oct 05 entry.

We discussed why it was a long process and there were a number of factors: (if I remember everything right, bear in mind I was concentrating on other issues!!)

The downturn in aviation after previous world events played a part. But also, there were things they were going to do at the college (shift working etc) which meant they had increased the number of applications, after those changes didn't go ahead and coupled with the downturn, they found they had an excess of applicants.

They then had to move the recruitment teams to Southampton which some of you already know about, this meant the admin suffered a little, but personally I felt I was kept well informed of things - I received four letters over the course of last year.

Lastly, they have just changed their courses, so they didn't know how that would affect numbers of students required.

Now they are working through the "backlog" of applicants and I think it is balancing out. I have a friend who applied by e-mail at the start of April, got acknowledgement and went to selection by the end of the month.

It's all a game of patience, one I am on again as I am waiting for that letter to come through the door! Nerve racking to say the least, but the anticipation is quite exciting! If I am successful It will be well worth the wait, I am really looking forward to the possibilty of doing this job. As that saying goes, good things come to those who wait!

Last edited by Someone_Else; 14th May 2004 at 20:03.