PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Concern: Am I too old?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2004, 12:16
ground effect

what the?!?!!?

So, what are newcomers (or as you described them `wannabes`) to do?? Spend the next 30 years of their lives stuck behind a desk??

Not this little black duck. Some of as DO feel as though this is a worthy thing to follow. If not for anything alse other than the challenge and personal satisfaction. Thats part of the reason for me...why else then would I be six weeks away from leaving my 4 days on 4 days off mining job that pays $100k+ and bores me almost to tears???

I realise that in the end a job is a job like any other....nothing more than an agreement between two people, one to sell the labour (ie employee) and one to retail that labour (ie employer), and like any business trancaction not all parties can be happy all the time.

But it blows me away to think that there are pilots out there who....are bored with their jobs, and consider it like ony other job. How sad...

I wonder if those of us out there who were trained in the military are more likely to feel this way?? Kind of like `oh well ho-hum easy come easy go`. Anyone out there have any ideas on this one??

ps - simon10 I think you need to buy a copy of the `karma-sutra`