PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny passenger story
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2004, 00:13
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spidah, you mentioning that you're not the best pax in the world has reminded me of a flight I had from Brisbane to Tokyo. Like you , I'm not exactly the most comfortable passenger in the world, and normally (I know, it's a little pathetic) have to have a wee dram or two of something before a flight. This flight however was at 0900 and I though it was a little early, and as I was traveling by myself.......(you know about drinking by yourself and all!)

Anyway, there was a Japanese family sitting across the isle from me, and the father must have noticed my discomfort. He proceeded to ask the cabin staff for 3 plastic cups and took what looked like a milk carton from his bag and poured three drinks. He gave one to his wife, one for himself and offered the third to me. A little wary, I took the cup and waited to see his wife and him take a sip. They both took a health slug from their cups and smiled. Not wanting to offend them, I did the same.

It was this point in my life that I learned you could get Sake in milk cartons and it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable flights of my life (although, trying to negotiate Narita airport with a skinfull of rice wine is not advisable!)