PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny passenger story
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 23:11
Spidah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Funny passenger story

Given that I am a fan of the ATC forum, I thought I would share a funny story from the passenger perspective.

Firstly it should be known that I am not the most confident flyer - I manage it but do not enjoy the experience.

So November 2001 I am on my first 'solo' flight from Manchester to Amsterdam in a Fokker 100. I've managed to negotiate myself a window seat so that I check out of the window and make sure the wing and engine are still attached (it's a very important job - someone has to be on the ball). But being November the weather is not at it's best and the trip is a little jumpy

Around 40 minutes into the flight the captain comes over the intercom and begins the usual 'we are now starting our descent into Amsterdam and expect to be on the ground in around 20 minutes. The weather in Amsterdam is a little foggy .....HOLY ST"

The plane received a very large lightning strike! Whilst he was on the intercom!!!

I have never made such a mess of my trousers in my life! But talk about timing, now I can only LMAO at it.

Many thanks to the captain in question - you have provided me an all-time great dinner-party story! And to the lovely KLM cabin crew who saw me down safely.