PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When do TUI'S 735's Arrive At Coventry?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 18:25
Skypartners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No YOU are wrong

I have worked this out - you are holding (in your hot little hand) a flyer (distributed in Baginton only) for a part-time job advertised in our staff restaurant last August (i.e months B4 the announcement of the launch of the new services) and in no way connected with the recruitment that took place for the new passenger operation. Different job, different place and different time.

The recruitment that commenced after the airline announced its launch was all conducted through the job centres and the airport website where there has never ever been a rate below £6 an hour. The extra revenue created by the airline coming to Coventry created the opportunity to offer such good, well paid positions. Skypartners was not contracted to provide hospitality services until January so nothing that appeared before was related to the expansion. So your posts portray your evidence as being representative of the current position but it is not.

Whilst I would not ordinarily go into such minute detail about our pay policy I will state, once again but hopefully for the last time, that we pay a minimum of £6 an hour - even to our student part timers, which is a significantly above the minimum wage. Richard -your assertion that the airport expansion created only low-paid jobs that nobody wants is just not true. We continue to receive several enquiries every day from wouldbe employees. We also have employees who live in Baginton.

That's all cleared up - Richard, I was polite in suggesting that you were mistaken when making your point - you chose to call me a liar - I'll let the readers decide if that assertion is misdirected.