PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 15:40
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys!!!!!

I am too on the shortlist until the 28th of May, but i am also a casual MAM Flight Attendant based out of Perth and it is fantastic!!!! Fair enough we don't get things like staff travel, but there are so many other benefits, in no way are you separated because you're MAM. I know in Perth all Managers and crew treat everyone equally, full-time long haul crew are the same as casual short haul crew etc and that makes for a comfortable working environment! All i can say guys is, don't all get your hopes up for permanent LH positions, just keep an open mind and be willing to take whatever is thrown your way (if it is viable) There are 10 SH casuals in Perth and we are all on rosters for this month barr a couple who chose not to be for other committments etc which is fine, but the workload is expected to continue into future months. Don't think, if you're casual your going to have to work 5 other jobs, you obviously do have to have in the back of your mind that there will be quiet months and you just adapt to that appropriately. Just remember because i got caught up in all of this, just about everything on here is RUMOUR, don't believe any of it until you see it. I wouldn't believe i had the job until i was standing there in the uniform and the contract was signed etc! but each to their own.

Good luck to all shortlisters, i hope it all works out for everyone at the end of the month. If everyone gets offered full-time L/H positions fantastic well done, and if everyone get's offered casual/contract S/H positions fantastic well done.

Oz
x