PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential new holiday routes?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 14:59
JKP505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potential new holiday routes?

Just seen on another forum that Thomas Cook were planning new flights to Beirut. I know before all of the trouble kicked off in Lebanon, Israel etc. that the Lebanese coast was a reasonably popular holiday destination.

Also when you look at German and Scandinavian charter destinations, they seem to have the usual (PMI, TFS, DLM, CFU etc. etc.), but they also have quite a lot that we don't have access to.

I know we already do have some of these (from LGW and MAN) but not the range of departure points that Germany and Scandinavia have:

Hapag-Lloyd: Araxos/Patras, Greece; Antalya, Turkey (18 departure points); Jerez, La Palma (Canaries) and Tenerife (North), Spain.

Condor (Thomas Cook): Hurghada and Sharm el Sheik, Egypt (8 and 7 departure points); Karpathos, Greece; Lamezia Terme, Italy;

Air Berlin: Samos, Greece (8 d.p.); Djerba, Tunisia (6 d.p.); Agadir, Morocco (6 d.p.); Lisbon and Porto, Portugal (about 26 d.p. each!)

So I want to know why we don't have this choice, when Germany and Scandinavia does? Are these to upmarket for trashy British holidays or what?