PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talking to the passengers on the PA
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 14:18
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
reverserunlocked: Good advice. Your EZY story reminds me of a crew that were on the last leg of a day ploughing back forth between LTN/GLA/EDI.

As we rolled off the active at about 22:00, the CC started the usual burble, "Ladies & Gentleman, EasyJet welcome you to <pause> err <pause> ..." All of us in the cabin shouted in unision: Edinburgh!!!

With regards to turb: Cpt Claret had it right with "There may be a few bumps" as I think that some passengers do not recognise that turbulence comes in many forms. You say 'turbulence' and they hear 'thrown around the sky and I'm gonna '

So the variations and definition of the turbulence is helpful:
A few bumps ...
A bit bumpy ...
I'm sorry, it will be rather bumpy after take off but only for a couple of minutes whilst we climb up to the clear sky that is waiting for us.

OK, I know that's a bit over the top but telling folks that the sun is still shining and they will see it again, helps them to get through the bumps.

I have to say that I never think the a/c is going to fall from the sky but I am anxious about the feature of tubulence. So if I know it's 10/20 mins and you have promised me blue sky the other side, then I'll be fine.

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.