PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talking to the passengers on the PA
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 10:12
Capt Claret

Bottums Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EightsOnPylons

My spiel FWIW. Modified to suit conditions.

Pre take-off

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, Captain Claret speaking. On behalf of first officer Bill Bloggs, it's my pleasure to ad our welcome to that of Jacinta, Naomi & Melissa (only ever two or thre F/A so easy to name all) with you in the cabin, on board Flight 1234 to Bravo and onto Charlie.

[(If F/O Flying) You'll be in Bill's capable hands on this sector.] Take off will be/is expected to be to the East with a right turn over Mt Whatsit, with the city visible on the right hand side and the Adelaide River visible on the left.

Bill will/I'll come back to you once we're under way with further details. Once again, Welcome aboard.

Climb/cruise

Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain speaking once again, we're now 75 km from Alpha, climbing through 13000 feet on our way to cruise 41000 feet. We're expecting mostly smooth flying conditions and the seat belt sign has been extinguished. You are now free to move about the cabin, however, company policy requires that your seatbelt remain fastened whilst you are seated, incase we encounter any unexpected turbulence.

Our track takes us directly to Bavo, we pass [points of interest] and expect to have you disembarking on schedule at 12 o'clock. There is a 1 1/2 hour time difference and the time in Bravo is 11:15. For our arrival you can expect clear skys, a temperature of 25 degrees and a light easterly breeze.

I'll come back to you just prior to our descent, with an update on the weather and arrival time, for now though, I invite you to sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight.

Just pre TOPD

Ladies & gentlemen, the Captain once again. We're currently 150km north east of Bravo and shortly to commence our descent. We will have you departing at 12 o'clock on schedule, the current weather at Bravo is 17degrees, sct low cloud, rain, and a moderate breeze from the south. Our approach will take us over the city and landing into the south. There may be a few bumps (if you think there will be turb) towards the latter stages of the approach but nothing to cause you any concern (Mrs C is a scared flyer!). For passengers continuing to Charlie, we will be on the ground for aproximately 30 minutes whilst we refuel, and for passengers leaving us at Bravo, on behalf of the entire crew, I thank you for flying with Pegasus Air. We look forward to your company when next you travel. Thank you, and G'day.

Notes:

If delayed, don't lie but try to give a better explanation that technical troubles, BUT use laymans terms.

If strange noises/bangs/flames; again don't lie. Reasure by confident tone and phrases. eg after engine failure, "as you can see we're quite comfortably flying on the remaining (#) engines".

If weather means there is a real chance of a missed approach, consider pre warning pax in the descent brief with a statement such as;

"weather at the airfield may prevent us from landing and if required we will climb away and try again. So, if you hear the engines accellerate and feel the aircraft climb away, this is a normal manoeuvre."

Hopefully the missed approach prep avoids panic if you execute the we climbed vertically and I thought we were gunna die manoeuvre.

Avoid ummm, arrgh. Speak confidently and clearly, without hurrying or ramblling.

Last edited by Capt Claret; 13th May 2004 at 10:23.