PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Concern: Am I too old?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 08:45
velboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you see the words IT and seize on the opportunity to attack

Fact of life people in IT do get paid good money and have flexible lifestyles that allow them to take time off to train.

You can’t judge a book by its cover

I have wanted to be a Heli pilot since I was very young, I was not aware of the available paths to get trained and didn’t have rich parents to pay for like I saw in my training; their the pilots I’d be worried about 20 year olds who think their indestructible.

Just because person is in IT doesn’t mean he was their all his life.

I myself am a time served Electro Mechanical Engineer. Four year apprenticeship papers and qualifications the lot.

After finishing I thought long and hard about my chosen path and thought no that’s not for me. So off to Uni I went then afterwards I fell into the IT field as so many people do.

All I’m doing is working to achieve my goal and IT has allowed me to do it. And not at the expense of “family, hard earned savings, the house they are living in”. And why shouldn’t I. After all I do have a fall back job if I need it.

Simon10 - seems you thought long and hard about this and maybe you should take a good look at yourself and ask are you happy doing what your doing.

I haven’t made many posts to this forum but if this caliber of the response then I’m off
flying that is