PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talking to the passengers on the PA
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2004, 19:38
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I go along with pretty much all of the above. If you would like to give some technical detail to us poor anoraks (and you have the time on a longer sector) then you might say this at the end of the main information:

"For those of you with a particular interest in aviation ... we shall be in the Ockham hold for about ten minutes, during which time we shall have a particularly good view of Bannockburn, followed by our normal three engined landing on runway 016R. We could use the fourth engine but we get a percentage of every gallon saved. We shall not be using any reverse thrust as it might wake up my wife in seat 1a."

Or any other useful information that we might like ...

By the way: FAO Turboprop pilots ... Please remember that you are wearing (at least) special headphones and maybe noise cancelling ones and we are not. Also, you are used to speaking to ATC who are wearing special headphones, so do speak up over the noise. I said, please speak loud enough over the noise of the props.

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.