PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8 year years in the East
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2004, 14:37
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure why you brought up the other thread, that was a completely different question. Taiwan is a good place to work, but I would only ever go there as a Captain.

Nothing wrong with ab-initio, as long as you aren't paying for it with cash. If a company trains you then you should agree to work there for a reasonable period of time after completion of training. The same would apply to a bond if it is within reason.

The problem I have is with someone starting out by offering to pay for a job. For goodness sake you don't see people walking into bank offering to pay for training so they can be a teller. Probably better examples of this but you get my meaning. Why do pilots do this ? it only serves to harm the profession. Obviously you have to pay a certain amount to get a commercial multi certificate but it should stop there.

Truthmaster has the qualifications to get a job in Europe and start building some time. When he is ready to find a job in Asia they will still be there. Sure it might take a few more years but he will be much better off going as a qualified Captain than as an F.O. ( excepting Cathay and Dragonair ).

Typhoonpilot