PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on licences
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2004, 11:28
freewheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I'm not qualified to give an answer, but it's my feeling that a helo pilot with military exp. and your time on the Gazelle should have a wide range of options, especially if you are prepared to relocate; I have been looking into it in Aus., and there are posts from pilots spraying, flying tourists, slingloading, mustering, firefighting,etc; in SA helos are used to track stolen vehicles, shadow bank vans etc your military exp. would be a big plus here. Today in a valley in rural NSW I saw a Squirrel spraying trees and farmland impossible for a fixed-wing. I have been in the S. USA and they use helos there as well, for sugar cane, for example. I don't know if its hype, but a school I have been looking into here in Aus reckons its a good time to get into professional flying. Also, the US authorities eg Coastguard will consider "foreigners" esp. those in your position. I would hazard a guess that you have a lot going for you. I was born and grew up in Belfast, and so the AAC were a daily item (eg Gazelles on station 24/7!) best of luck, the freewheeler.