PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Losing Pilots
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2001, 16:33
Reality Checks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumours…..just because you disagree with me why do you assume I’m on the Airbus? And why do you do so in such a disparaging manner? If I were on the Airbus and “doing nothing as usual” it would have been the company that put me there and not me seeking to annoy you. Playing devils advocate, if the 737 crews’ are working hard whilst the Airbus crews’ are not, does it not follow that when we have a single fleet we should all be working a reasonable amount? That is where proper and effective input from our union comes in.

It is an old chestnut but the union is only as strong as the number of people behind it.

The point of my post was to suggest that GB is no worse, and certainly much better, than many other operators. No pilot redundancies, no captain demotions and an expansion plan on the table. Of course we must seek to maintain, and indeed improve, our pay, conditions and lifestyle, but we have a good base to start from and I cannot think of any Airline that I would voluntarily go to from GB.