PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When do TUI'S 735's Arrive At Coventry?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2004, 20:02
Flightmapping

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Richard, but the date just makes you case sound even less credible. Did it start happening after midday by any chance?

OK, I'm getting flippant here, but as AS747 rightly says, we are just fed up with one lie after another. We therefore have to dismiss all with ridicule, unless proven to the contrary.

I think my top ten of anti-airport lies (not all attrituble to CAECA though) have to be:

1) Warwick Castle foundations will crumble
2) Coventry will become a magnet for asylum seekers
3) Planes fly low to drop drugs
4) Infant mortality will go up 50%*
5) These planes will cover Warwickshire with jet fuel*
6) The supporters' website is run by the airport*
7) The runway isn't long enough*
8) The plane which crashed in Coventry was a 737, so it is adding insult to injury to use 737's again.
9) "We stopped Rugby", so we can stop Coventry*
10) Bird strikes are a risk to passenger flights only

Ones with a * ARE from the CAECA website or CAECA representatives

Sorry, (2) and (3) are from Coventry Airport "The Facts", a website supported by CAECA

Richard (your last post came through as I was typing)

Can I remind you that you are posting on a pro-aviation website. The airport supporters\' forum (http://www.supportcoventryairport.co.uk/discuss/) does have sections to debate pro v. against.

That may also be a pro-aviation site, but at least it has been open and welcomes contributions from both sides. Something CAECA have never done. Can\'t you see why we have got so angry. We have just heard lie after lie after lie, and now we are fighting back.

Yes, we do have agendas - to defend our industry from ludicrous attacks. That does not make us blindly pro-everything to do with flying, and as many of us have said, we don\'t deny that planes cause pollution. Some of us also believe more needs to be done to cover the full environmental costs of flying.

You have been ridiculed because you posted a suggestion that there was a link between one day of Thomsonfly operations and your kids getting asthma. Other posters have admitted that they themselves suffer from asthma or related conditions. Just because we have no time for your flawed arguments does not mean we are lacking in sympathy for your sons.