PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Eagle accident @ SJU
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2004, 19:05
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to my original post, how does comething classified by the NTSB as an accident where the gear collapsed due to a hard landing turn into an incident due to a blown tire?

I see some manipulation here. I have no clue what happened, and we will have to wait for the report before throwing blame around, wether it is on the plane or the pilots.

Latest rumors I hear are that the FO was flying and that he was fresh out of IOE. I also saw video footage of the accident (After it happened), and it looked pretty windy.

On another note, you gotta love when you see another ATR of the Reagal Beagle taxiing right past the wreck. What do you tell the passengers? do you say anything, or do you pretend it doesn't exist? It would be like walking into a restaurant, and as the waiter takes you to your table, you walk past a table where a couple of guests are puking their guts out. It kind of reminds me of that picture on Airliners.net of the Chinese MD-11 taxiing in HKG past the crashed and burned MD-11 on the grass.

That's all I have to say about that...