PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New IOM - London route.
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2004, 17:29
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts
LGS6753: The route is to be operated by EuroManx. They picked up many of the Jetstream services that BACX dropped when they bought the landing slots at LHR. Oops, silly me I mean, when they bought Manx Airways. I presume that they will use their 19D a/c but their website only annouces the route, no details as to frequency or timing. An email from my mother on the island says that the local announcement said two rotations a day. They must be aiming at the day trip to the city for biz.

TLP: A new IOM - STN service, definitely not enough business to support three London routes, BA to LGW, FlyBe to LCY and now Euromanx to STN.

Make that FOUR, as BACX do a single IOM~LTN rotation with the 146. This route was started by Manx about ten or so years ago to link folks to the charter and IT routes out of LTN and it works very well. If I book far enough in advance I can get the round trip for £65/£70. The IOM gove website says that this route is still building. Since STN is more than four times further away from me than LTN, I hope that EuroManx have enough success but not so much that BA have an excuse to drop LTN!!

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.