PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We're Low Cost, But High Standard: Jetstar.
Old 11th May 2004, 10:57
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would just like to clear up a misconception. Filghts to or from AVV will not connect to other flights or be sold as a connection by QF or JQ. The only people flying into AVV will be those who CHOOSE to do so! Not sure about QF bumping BNE-MEL pax on a JQ flight to AVV. Firstly there is many other flights BNE-MEL and QF could route them via SYD also. I think it would be highly unlikely for QF to bump people onto JQ when there is only two BNE-AVV flights a day and they are already full by all accounts. Not to mention it is a different destination. You can markert an airfeild as whatever city you like (ie. Melbourne/Avalon or Ballina/Byron). At the end of the day AVV is a different destination to MEL.

The only flights into AVV are from SYD and BNE. ALL other JQ flights will depart from Tulla!

I have operated over 20 sectors on the re configed a/c with 125 seats. Like Watchdog said the legroom is similar to standards elsewhere. I felt it was the same as down the back on a QF 737. Out of the 2000 or so customers on the flights I have worked with the 125 config NOT ONE has complained. Not one customer has made any remark re. the seats. Other crew say the same. These a/c have the TWA Slimline seats though. Will be interesting to see if the use the older Impulse seats on the a/c that have them. They are really bulky and have a HUGE recline - won't be too popular with 30" pitch if that's the way they go.

I am sure JQ will go back on it's seating policy but who knows? Australians might love it. we just don't know yet. People sit wherever they want now anyway. As cabin crew it is very frustrating trying to explain to someone they can't just sit wherever.

Australians. They complain about checking in two hours before and being allocated the last row. Now they are complaining they can check in two hours before, board first and sit where they like!