PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not aviation, but an engineering problem anyway
Old 11th May 2004, 05:59
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the twenty-first century there's no substitute for IT.

I bought a computer programme that creates 3D houses. Its easy to create an accurate virtual copy of your house with virtual furniture 'built' to scale. Then you can use it whenever the Missus gets into one of those "lets rearrange the furniture" moods. You can move the virtual furniture around the virtual rooms anyway you like without any effort and let her indoors examine the results at leisure. You can even prove that the setee won't fit in that corner or that there won't be room for the dog basket if the refrigerator is over there without twitching a muscle. [Really smart operators can save the results, bringing them out next time they are obliged to play the game].

My advice is not to mess about with Ghengis's old fashioned graph paper, Get a good 3D Architect programme and use it to work out the solution in virtual reality - I promise you, even when you've solved your present liittle problem, it'll still save you hours of back breaking agony in future years.