PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA recruiting - DIRECT ENTRY PILOT SCHEME
Old 10th May 2004, 22:09
5415N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoodleVelour ,

As a BA pilot I do accept your point concerning some of my fellow pilots in BA , quite true in fact . However I thought that this thread was meant to be fairly subjective about the reasons for joining or not joining BA . Therefore when I see
To those of us who have been awarded a pair of proper wings, (Gold on your sleeve being best, of course), by HM instructors whose continued employment contract does not depend on the pass ratio and profit factor etc etc, a little pat on the back
I do get a little annoyed . Is this an insult against any non military pilot who has worked his way up the hard way , been tested and passed by non military instructors etc to find himself working for BA ? Should he feel "not worthy " because he has never had the pleasure of a military instructors . I fly with many people , of both types and there are good , bad and indifferent on both sides .

Personnally I just do it the old way and treat each pilot as he comes and how he does the job , without a monkeys about his background .

Old Fashioned I know , but hey it works

regards