PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The small issue of finance...
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2004, 14:11
birdlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm..... If you dont want to take out a huge loan and want to do this in a reasonably short amount of time ..... maybe sell a kidney on the black market. I hear that you can get really good money for them. Sorry very silly idea but I am also in the same spot at the moment. I have just finished my PPL in the understanding that I was to receive a grant that was to cover 75% of my studies and guess what - they wont cover my practicle training. Me having sent them all the different courses - oxford being one of them - they saying yeah yeah that looks good. Brillant I was on cloud nine. Then I sent in my application to them telling them how much it was going to cost and they saying oh - we are not covering the flying. So you mean to tell me that all this time I thought I had landed with my bum in the butter and this was not the case. Be warned a lot of establishements dont realise to actually be come a pilot you need to learn how to fly.

Sorry lads - rant over. One just gets a bit p** off.

sorry me again. The states is a good option in terms of monetary reasons. I have done a search on this very topic and everyone has recommended that I do my training here in South Africa and then go to the UK and convert rather than doing my training in the states. Hope this helps.