PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - newbie question - good flight school in sydney?
Old 9th May 2004, 13:22
flying_phonebox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Food for thought

Thanx Ovum.

I concur with the problemo Re: Booking of aircraft at flying schools and i think its a factor many people don't consider when going about flying training. SO (insert original poster's alias here!) be careful about signing up with a school as a "Professional Course Student" et al for your training as you may find that its short hand for "Will fly when an aircraft is not being used by a private student" .

Flying is such a costly thing to undertake that it might be worth it to try and get to talk to some current students of various schools at bankstown/camden/wherever and get some honest opinions.

For instance, book a TIF (Trial Intro Flight) with a school or two (usually cheap enough) to suss em out, then after the TIF engage a student or two in some conversation about how their training is going. I'm sure you'll get some bites as there usually at least a baker's dozen lying around waiting for either a plane to show up, the weather to improve or someone to sign something...

Whatever you do treat it with the same respect you would when buying a used car....

cheers

-ze box