PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 9th May 2004, 12:46
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Update

The latest fron the GE website.
yesterday;
Barry finds himself at the Magni factory over in Italy. The aircraft is undergoing maintenance today.
Today;
Barry will be spending another day with the Magni crew. He has been asked by the Italian media to carry out some further interviews whilst the aircraft continues on maintenance. He will look to depart for Bari tomorrow.
Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but surely if you are to go on a 'Round the World' journey, it would be prudent to get the method of transport serviced before departure.
I hear Halfords can provide a good service except on Sundays, Oh and Saturday afternoons!

Maybe it's the attraction of the vino and the pasta, but how does the service take so long? Is it not just a spark plug clean, oil change and a quick tyre check?

2 weeks so far and we are in Italy .

At this rate Barry will just be back in time for Christmas, which would explain this picture taken the other day, of Barry at the maintenance facility getting the undercarriage looked at.

I get the feeling that the new ETA will be chrimbo, as the beard is coming along nicely

Just done the calculation, perhaps Christmas is a bit optimistic.