PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - crosswind autoland 737
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2004, 09:40
alexban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crvm:
sorry mate ,but you got it wrong about this so called 'confidence check'
This check,done at 1500' has nothing to do with single or dual channel autoland.
'The ILS deviation monitoring alerts the crew of excessive LOC or GS deviations.This alerting function is operative during SC or DC A/P ILS approach. The alerting system is armed when the a/c descends bellow 1500' RA with LOC and G/S captured.This self-test generates a two-second LOC and G/S deviation alerting display on each EADI.'
So ,as I said it has nothing to do with autoland or manual land.
It is just an ILS 'confidence check' if you want.
Regarding DCh app,shortly after capturing LOC and G/S ,and below 1500' RA ,the second A/P couples with the flight controls,and FLARE armed is annunciated.
You'll probably ask why 1500'? My guess , at 1500' RA you must be on ILS, this is generally near the OM ,very close to RWY for a unstable app.The ils deviation will autotest,also the a/p's systems will do an autocheck at aprox 1500'.But you can select both pilots till 800'RA.
You said you asked Boeing about autoland on SCh ? he,he...
And what did Mr Boeing say? FLARE not armed,then no flare and touchdown capability available,no bias trim also. (as he says on the OM) ,and the plane wiil land on the rwy?! ))
That is correct.It will smash on it with 700' ROD.Nice landing.

Like I said, Boeing does not want to give any false impressions here so that is why FLARE is not on the FMA but it will autoland. Sure you do not want try this on the real bird but one can ask Boeing (already did ;-)).........
kids ,we are proffesionals ,don't try this at home,you'll wreck your FSims.
what false impression?
Brgds Alex