PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - newbie question - good flight school in sydney?
Old 9th May 2004, 01:28
ugly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was actually done by a Scouser in the UK who won't put up with you threatening a poster offering their opinion.
But disgruntled people are allowed to discredit their former employers under a cloak of anonymity?

This citationdriver might have a grudge against management of of AFTS - but by posting this sort of crap he is also affecting the livelyhoods of many instructors who work at this school.

Ugly, We've looked after wannabees for 8 years without taking a penny from them - if a school is good it will get good reports here. Discerning readers take especial notice of good reports from those with a varied, extensive and reasonably long term posting history - they get the measure of the person writing from the quality of their posts not their name and give due deference to their views regarding any particular school.

No post passing comment on the quality of this school for or against has been removed. Is that clear enough for you as a 'web designer.' sir? Every action on this site is logged, time IP address, ID and status user, mod, super mod or as in my case admin. We stand by the logs and they have already been proven and used in an investigation that resulted in life imprisonment. Clear enough!

Don't pass on nonsense to me regarding instructors. This site was conceived, created and always run from the rebel city of Liverpool in the UK. It appears I wasn't clear enough earlier.

We have never advertised
We have never issued a press release

I met Geoffrey Thomas in a lift at the Paris Hilton once but nevertheless we haver never been interviewed by any part of the Oz media

Each one of you found us and not the other way around.

The gross oversupply of commercial pilots in your country and Nzed is none of our doing. In the UK a 200 hour pilot typically goes straight to a turbo prop or jet. PPRuNe has done more than any other single source on the planet to let Oz pilots know where there is work and how to get it. The feeding frenzy to repeat your nasty, backbiting hand to mouth cycle has nothing to do with us and all to do with a training industry that is collectively a series of underfunded, undercapitalised hobby and vanity busnesses run by overweening egos in Australia.

At PPRuNe we have only one aim - to allow aviation professionals around the world communicate. We're damn good at it - you seen a competitor for us in the last 8 years? To put it in context we started when there was no such thing as Google, Amazon, Yahoo, internet chat, broadband.

Citation driver expressed an opinion - that's it. I got rid of someone using bullying threats of legal action. End of story.

It is a very competitive world out there - If you don't like the way this site is run use an alternative.

Rob LLoyd