PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Ops - Is there a better way??
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2004, 21:19
robsrich

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
FINAL THOUGHTS ON NIGHT OPERATIONS

On behalf of the Helicopter Association of Australasia and those working with us to make night operations safer, I would like to thank you all helping us to find a better way to do things.

I really appreciate your comments and the effort you have made in replying to this thread. I will collate your replies and present them in an Annex to the Conference Papers which will be handed out to all delegates, (about 70+) as they arrive and also emailed out on Tue 11 May '04 to those on our HAA and Conference lists.

Should you have any more thoughts or want to add something to your comments, then we can accept your input until 0500Z (GMT) on Tue 11 May.

As mentioned previously, we are having our 2004 HAA Industry Conference at the Nara Sea World Resort, Gold Coast, Australia from 17-21 May '04. The first two days are for night operations where we are hoping to tidy up the discussions launched in Nov '03.

More info: www.haa.net.au

Should anyone need a copy of the Post Conference Report please leave your details at: [email protected]

It would be a good idea to leave a snail mail address as the Report maybe too big for email. Also we will have papers handed out by speakers. (The HAA will cover the cost of printing and airmail postage as a service to our industry.)

In conclusion, let us not forget those who have been killed or injured trying to help others at night. Hopefully, our gathering will find better ways to establish "Industry Best Practice."

If we can save one night accident in the future, then you have all done your best!

Regards,

Rob Rich
President
Helicopter Association of Australasia
www.haa.net.au
Email: [email protected]