PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Islands and Canadian ATPL
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2004, 08:48
Ray Darr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks & Caicos Islands accepts Canadian and FAA licences. You write a B.S. Aviation Law exam and they cut you a local licence based on your home licence. Make sure your medical is valid!

Also - watch who you work for there. At least one character is a real nut-case. Do a search and you will see who.

Good luck if you go there (T&CI). Before you arrive, remove the rose-coloured glasses, 'cause it ain't Paradise City. Just remember it's what you make of it. If you love sand and the beach, it is quite a nice place. The water truly is first-class for any activity. Want to build hours? It is also a nice place. Want to test your patience on anything you are used to back home? Again, the T&CI is the place for you!

As for Jamaica - the tourism board does a wonderful job of hyping that god-forsaken place way higher than it deserves. Stay well clear in my opinion. As far as I am concerned the only redeeming thing that came from Jamaica is Reggae music. Be well warned about going there. It is too bad Jamaica has made such a bad rep for itself - there are SO many more nicer places elsewhere in the Caribbean that have such wonderful people to deal with and fantastic scenery, too. Skip Jamaica, once again in my opinion.

Cheers.