PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Win XP takes 5 minutes to shut down!
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2004, 08:17
BoeingBoy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the help.

I have run Trend Micro's Housecall with a clean result. So tend to think that this has to be a piece of software thats hanging or a corruption caused by the chaos of having the Far Cry demo installed. (I really only noticed the shutdown problem after this and the latest Norton updates were installed)

Goates, you seem to have had the same problems I had with the game. My Radeon 9800 driver is listed as an ATI supplied 6.14.10.6426 dated the 27/01/2004. I see that ATI now list a 6436 so I'll try that as I see that it also resolves issues with FS2002/4. I found FS2004 frame rates to be very low (10 to 15) in virtual cockpit with the current set up.

As for a new installation I dread to think of having to start again with so many progs/files etc installed. I do have restore to factory settings option, so will use that as a last resort, at least it takes out the pain of installing all the drivers and Medion supplied software. In the meantime I guess I am going to have to live with the problem and use the task manager if I want a quick reboot.

Any further help always welcome

Best Wishes,

BB

Last edited by BoeingBoy; 7th May 2004 at 08:29.