PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2004, 20:49
Chocks Wahay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This latter point, to me, suggests that endless discussions about (unprovable) control problems has been “muddying the waters”
Quite the opposite, it is in fact the crux of the matter. I was in the House of Lords, sat next to Brian Dixon in fact, when Tony Cable of the AAIB said this:

"Where there is no fault found that does not mean that there was not a fault present. In this case I found it probable that on the engineering side as far as I could see there was not a fault highly relevant to the accident, but I certainly could not dismiss that possibility"

In the absence of qualified witnesses, flight data recorder information or other hard information, and where there are other possible explanations with equal credibility to the obvious one of "pilot error", surely it is unfair and unjust to place the blame on deceased aircrew?

All the other debates about what others did and what the crew of ZD576 might have done, about possible radio calls and navaids, simulations and speculations are irrelevant. Jon and Rick have been dead nearly ten years, surely they and their families deserve justice by now.