PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACX chop BRS-DUB increases BRS-CDG
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2004, 19:42
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that Scottie. The Bristol Airport website has never mentioned Air France pulling out of the route. I have noticed this before with official websites. They always make great play when new routes are to commence but keep quiet when the opposite happens. That’s why I never rely on them for definitive information.

Air France’s decision surprises me a bit when one considers the most recent provisional CAA figures for the route in March. 12,249 pax were carried, up from 9,931 the previous March when there were the same number of flights. I know raw figures are only part of the picture but it does appear the route was increasing nicely. Perhaps BACX had the lion’s share and that’s why they are increasing frequency whilst Air France are pulling out.

As a matter of interest I have calculated that each ERJ 145 carried an average load of 34-35 in March on BRS-CDG-BRS. Of course the CAA figures don’t break down the figures between individual airlines.

Would the Air France decision be anything to do with the new joint AF-KLM airline? I guess a significant number of AF pax from BRS used CDG as a hub for onward travel. As KLM do the same at AMS from BRS would the combined airline need two hubs to be serviced from an airport such as BRS?

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 6th May 2004 at 20:38.