PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Pilot - My Chances?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2004, 15:28
chuckolamofola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your young and impatient and want the end of the rainbow by just reaching out and touching it. The road you are about to travel is not easy and you will pay a very big price to follow this route. First and foremost get a higher education, you may not always be able to fly for many reasons to include picking up a minor health problem in the years to come. If/when that happens what are you going to fall back on when you can't fly anymore? If you have a secondary trade to fall back on at that time you can still support your family and keep the standard of living you have become accustomed to, though as a pilot that won't be very high...

Did I mention, get an education? Even if you don't want to go to a university at least attend a trade school so that you will have a vocation to fall back on.

Even if you decide the military is the route you want to take, if you have an education you can become a commisioned officer, and your standard of living would be much better than as an enlisted man. What happens if you wash out of flight school, not everyone makes it, what will you do then?

Helicopters and helicopter jobs will still be available in four years and 20 years from now you will realize that four years is a blink of the eye. I almost forgot, GET AN EDUCATION!!!

Regards.