PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laserjet Printers?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2004, 14:31
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horses for courses it seems. I've used the cheapest available inkjet and compatible cartridges for a few years. Have no need for photo quality printing, in fact it's only the kids' school assignments that mean I need colour at all.

I found a place that sold good quality cheap compatible cartridges for my Canon S100SP, bought four at a time, black and colour. Then right on cue, 18 days after warranty expired, Canon died. Hey, I know the ropes; throw it away and buy another. Office Works had the Canon S200SP for very little, and I stupidly assumed it would use the same cartridges as the 100... wrong!

So now after the supplied cartridge runs out (after three weeks and about 100 pages) I've had enough. El cheapo laser printer coming up for all except essential colour work, for which I'll have to continue paying Canon about $1000 a litre.

So, the question is which one? Choices in my neck of the woods for the right price appear to be Lexmark E210, Canon LBP1120 or Samsung ML1710.

If anybody has any comments on any of them I'd appreciate it.

Repeat; the cheapest inkjet provides sufficient quality for my printing needs, so will the cheapest laser, so the question is not about quality of printing.