PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2004, 05:53
smile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Virgo Blue,

Congratualtions on getting through to the second round.

Things have changed alot in the HR department since I was employed. Back then you found out within a day or two (or a couple of hours- in my case) if you were successful into the next round.

I had a member of the recruiting team on one of my flights the other day and she mentioned that they are recruiting for MEL base at the moment, she also said that at this time BNE may not recruit for approx 6 months ( but this could change tomorrow). I also saw a group of recruiters getting off a flight in MEL the other day so I think that it is full steam ahead for MEL.

If I was you I would give head office a call and ask to speak to someone in recruiting (explain that you have had an interview already and just want to know if you are successful to the next stage, or you won't get past reception). When you chat to them let them know again that you are more than happy to transfer to MEL.

I wish I could help you out more but privacy laws prevent anyone other than yourself (not even the person who recommended you) from finding out the status of your application.

Best of luck and let me know how you go.

love SMILE