PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot assist on single crew
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2004, 07:07
High Viz Vest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately there is no such thing as piltos asistant anymore as someone has already stated.

Finding any kind of right hand seat job that doesnt require a type rating is like finding hens teeth, it isnt going to happen.

It is now possible to fly the BE200 single crew for public transport but as I was told by an operator a couple of years back it sounds like the CAA dont want a non rated pilot in the R/H seat, they would rather have a passenger!

The king air and the C525 are the last single crew turbines on the UK register that I know of that are used around where I work.

I heard of a guy who had 600 hours in his logbook right hand seat in a 525, when he applied for his ATPL it was bouced because he didnt have a type rating, the aircraft didnt require 2 crew and he was effectively logging time in a legal document that he wasnt entitled to. I would suggest buying a second logbook and log it in there. If you are not performing duties of a required member of crew as stated in the flight manual the CAA will not be impressed.