PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq - is there ANY hope?!?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 23:48
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole episode is disgusting from start to finish. I'm not talking about the allegations of brutality - they will be investigated and the truth will out in the end.

What I find wholly reprehensible is that a newspaper editor feels free to publish such damaging unproven cr*p without giving a second thought to the consequences. I'd like to take Morgan and his bunch of anti-war cronies out to Iraq and place him with the guys on the front line. Those guys (and gals) who daily risk their lives to give the Iraqi people a chance of normal life. By normal life I mean water, electricity and the day to day existance without fear of being rounded up, imprisoned, tortured and executed because they had the temerity to criticise the regime that dominated their every waking moment.

I'm not going to get into the debate about the degree of civilisation practised by the indigenous population of the ME. But no matter who they are, they are still entitled to the basics of life as human beings. The Brit Forces in Southern Iraq have done a fabulous job in winning over the locals and providing their basic essentials. There are factions hell bent on trying to turn the locals against the Coalition Forces by undoing their good works (blowing up newly-installed water systems, pylons, pipelines, etc) and pillocks like Morgan are feeding them additional help to achieve their aims. If just one British Serviceman is hurt as a result of the Daily Mirror irresponsibility, then the paper should be hounded to bankrupcy.

I, for one, will never ever buy that rag as long as I live. I also decline to comment on SilsoeSid's posts - I support our guys 100%.