PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Side-slipping
Thread: Side-slipping
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 19:36
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skylark4

Thanks for the advice. I am sorry I hit such a raw nerve with you. Had I known it was such a sensitive subject I probably would have never made my post so polite and would have really said what I felt.

As mentioned before, my tolerance of the gliding fraternity is quite low these days and this is not just due to a single event.

I have had two incidences of outdoors stock having to be shot after gliders landing on my land. One of them was a calf that had run into a fence and had its head stuck for three hours. The glider pilot was stopped about 50 yards from it and can't possibly not have heard/seen the problems this animal was facing. The wheel marks showed where the tug had arrived and flown off with the glider and left the poor little mite to strangle itself.

Three weeks of temporary stock fencing work destroyed by a lady glider pilot who didn't even apologise after ploughing through it on landing. She was more concerned about her fibreglass scratches.

Countless gliders actually land on my airstrip and then not say thanks when I offer to hold their wing on departure by tug.

Gliders sometimes circle over the approach to my strip at 400 ft waiting to see if they might just get a bit more lift before using it as a bolthole WHILE I AM SITTING WAITING TO DEPART!!!!

This thread is about sideslipping and I think it is an excellent thread. We have both made our points. There are enough Glider V Powered threads in the archives to keep us entertained for hours if we want that kind of thing. I should know, I posted on most of them.